Homeopathic Remedy Ignatia Amara is is very good remedy for a condition when patient has controversy at home. Because of this she is disturbed, excited. She suffers from pain in body. Trembling starts in body. She has headache. Then this remedy is indicated.
Ignatia Amara is Suited for a Person:
Person who are nervous in nature. It can be taken by women who are sensitive in nature, with dark hair and skin. They are mild in nature. They can easily perceive anything with rapid action. It corrects strange behavior of patient when he has spasmodic laughter from grief. It is given when patient has rapid change of mood from joy to sorrow, from laughing to weeping. He is exhausted mentally and physically by grief of long duration. It can be given when person involuntary sighing with a weak, empty feeling at pit of stomach. He desires to be alone. It is given when patient has inconstant, impatient and quarrelsome. He becomes very angry with slight contradiction.
It is suited to sensitive, delicate women and children. It is very good remedy for hysterical women. It can be given to gentle, sensitive, fine fibred, refined, highly educated, overwrought women with mind complaints which is similar to hysteria. She will do things that she herself cannot control. It will certainly cure the hysterical condition.
It is not suited to a person who has anger, eagerness and irritation.
Patient feel hungry at 11 a.m. He feels restlessness, thirsty fever. Cold wind causes headache in patient. Winter season causes pain in the feet.
Complaints change position from left to right, from without inward in brain.
Appearance of person:
Face of person may be yellowish in colour but at times it would be red in colour. Patient has sunken face with dark rings around eyes.
Patient has perspiration on face.
He has constant secretion of saliva in the mouth.
Patient’s tongue is white in colour, flabby. It shows marks of teeth. It trembles when protruded. When patient talks or chews he accidently bites cheek or tongue. It is given when patient has sour taste in mouth with sour eructation. Saliva tastes sour.
Patient takes cold easily.
It is indicated in cases like:
- When person has disappointment in love.
- When a woman loses her child or husband.
- When a person is unable to control her emotions and her excitement.
- It is especially useful in the tearful, nervous, sad, yielding, sensitive mind.
- When child get convulsion after punishment.
- It can be given for convulsions in children which occur as a result of scolding. Patient is oversensitive to pain. It can be given to female who is habitual coffee drinker.
Main seat of action:
- On nervous system
- On muscular system
- On digestive system
- Respiratory system
- Female sexual system
Cause of symptoms:
- From grief of long duration.
- From fright.
- Disappointed love.
- From shame.
- From suppressed feeling.
- From bad news.
- From coffee and bad over used of tobacco.
- From being scolded.
Symptoms are mainly of left side.
It is given for frontal headache. It is seen in right side of forehead, extending down into right. Along with pain patient has heat in head. Pain at time seen above eyebrows. Pain has feel as if a nail was driven out through side of head.
- Pain is worse: Talking aloud.
- Pain is better: Reading to himself or on writing.
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Changeable mood, brooding, fear and mind related problems.
- Presentation: Liquid
- Price of SBL Ignatia Amara 30 CH (30ml): Rs. 80
- Potency: 30 CH
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side: effects: No known side effects
Description: It is a small tree, stem erect, branches opposite glabrous, leaves petiolate, ovate, opposite, acute, 12: 18 cm long. Its flowers are numerous whit in colour, long. It has odour of jasmine. Fruits are pear shaped having 20: 24 seeds in number. Seeds are embedded in a bitter pulp. Seeds have shape like that of almond but irregular in shape and blackish grey or brown in colour. The fruit is spherical or ovoid. It is about 4 inches in diameter. Its shell is smooth and brittle. It has bitter pulp.
Its name was given by Jesuits, who in the 17 th century introduced the seeds into Europe from the Philippines where they were worn by the natives as amulets.
It is native to the Philippines, particularly in Catbalogan and parts of China. The plant was first described by the Czech Jesuit working in the Philippines, brother Georg Kamel who named its fruit as the bean of St. Ignatius, after the founder of his religious order.
It is found Philippines, China, East India. It is a large climbing shrub which grows in the Philippine Islands and in South Vietnam.
Parts used: Seed.
The plant was originally named by Kamel for Saint Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of Kamel’s Jesuit missionary order. It is known in the Philippines under the names of: aguwason, dankkagi (Visayan language) or igasud (in Cebuano language).
- Prover: Hahnemann.
- Botanical name: Strychnos ignatia berb., Strychnos ignatii.
- English: St. Ignatius bean.
- French: Feve de Saint Igace.
- German: Ignazbohne.
- Synonym: St. Ignatius bean.
Scientific classification of Homeopathic Remedy
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Angiosperms
- Clade: Eudicots
- Clade: Asterids
- Order: Gentianales
- Family: Loganiaceae
- Genus: Strychnos
- Species: S. ignatii
Ignatia Amara Benefits
- It is given for sensitiveness of eyes in sunlight. It is given for weakness of eyes in females with hysteria.
- It is given when eyes are traumatised with violent pain and sensation as if sand was rolling around lids.
- It can be given when patient has coryza with hysteria and dull pain in forehead. Patient has stoppage of one nostril. Patient has soreness and sensitiveness of inner nose with swelling.
- It is indicated with itching nose.
- It is indicated when patient has choking sensation from stomach up into throat. Patient has sensation as from a lump in throat when not swallowing. It cures sore throat with sticking in it when not swallowing and even while swallowing.
- Pain in throat is better: by swallowing anything solid.
- It cures follicular tonsillitis.
- It is indicated in hiccough which is seen after emotions, after eating and drinking, from smoking. It cures hiccough in children.
- It is given when patient has empty retching which is better by eating.
- It is given when patient has weak, empty feeling in pit of stomach. It is given when patient has a feeling as if intestines seen to hang down relaxed.
- It cures feeling of emptiness in stomach with sensation as if a number of pins were sticking in it.
- It cures unsatisfactory, short and abrupt emissions of flatus which is offensive odour.
- It cures loose bowel with stabbing pains.
- It is very good remedy for constipation when patient has ineffectual urging to stools with erections. Patient has hard stools. It is especially suited from taking cold.
- It cures when patient has alternate diarrhoea and constipation.
- It cures scarping sensation in bladder. This is seen when walking. It cures involuntary discharge of urine.
- IT is very good remedy when patient has weak sexual desire with impotence. Sweat is seen on scrotum.
- IT cures menses which is soon and profuse or scanty. It corrects delayed menses. Patient feel heat and heaviness in head before and during menses.
- It is very good remedy for lack of menses with anaemia.
- It can be given in white discharge from vagina (leucorrhoea) with increase sexual desire. IT cures itching in vagina during leucorrhoea in young girls.
- It is very good remedy for dry cough with a feeling of feathery dust. It is very good remedy for dry cough with headache, coryza and weak voice. Cough is seen after warm drink. Patient feel sleepy after each cough. Expectoration is seen during evening and rarely in morning.
- It is very good remedy for anxious feeling in region of heart. It cures palpitation at night and in morning.
- It cures stiffness of nape of neck with glandular swelling on neck.
- It cures itching which is better from gentle scratching. It cures ulcers which is painless, discharge is scanty with burning seen after slight touch and from pressure.
- It cures trembling and jerking when falling asleep. It is very good spasm of single muscle or limb or whole body.
Symptoms get worse:
- After a meal
- From slight touch
- From emotion
- From taking sweets, coffee and from strong smells
- From cold
- In the morning
- Piles get worse after stool
- From drinking water
Symptoms get better:
- While eating
- By pressure
- By external heat
- Lying on painful side
- From changing position
- From eructation
- From swallowing
Ignatia Amara Important Therapeutic Uses
It is given for conditions like:
- Acute grief
- Emotional disturbance
- Hysterical spasm
- Pain as from dislocations in joints
- Paralysis occurring as a result of hysteria
- Prolapsus ani
- Spasm and convulsions which comes after fright and strong emotions
- Trembling of hands and feet
Ignatia Amara Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 15 drops of ignatia mother tincture in half a cup of normal water twice each day for 3 months, unless otherwise prescribed by physician. Can be taken along with other allopathic medicines.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side: effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side: effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turn yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.