Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops is homeopathic remedy given to get relief from sciatica pain, pain in the legs/arms, low back pain and soft tissue rheumatism.
This is manufactured by Adel Pekana Germany.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Adel Pekana Germany
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: sciatica pain, pain in the legs/arms, low back pain and soft tissue rheumatism
- Presentation: Drops
- Price of Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops: 20 ml glass bottle pack MRP: Rs. 235
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Other name: Radiculopathy.
Sciatica is a disease which is associated with pain, weakness, lack of feeling in the area( numbness). Sometimes patient feel a tingling sensation in leg. It is very common condition. Its incidence varies from 13% to 40%. Its prevalence varies from 1.6% in the general population ot 43% in a selected group. In most of patients this disease can be treated without any complications, but in some people(up to 30%) of patients have pain for 1 year or longer.
About Sciatic nerve:
The sciatic nerve is a large nerve, formed from nerve roots that originate from the spinal cord. These nerve roots pass out between the disc spaces and join up to form the sciatic nerve. It passes from the spine into the buttock, then into the back of the thigh and leg.
The sciatic nerve controls sensation and function to the leg and foot.
Types of sciatica:
Acute Sciatica (which is of shorter duration): It is seen for 4-8 weeks. In this condition pain may reduce in few days. Symptoms reduces by taking medicines.
Chronic Sciatica(which is of longer duration):In this condition pain may persist for longer duration. In this along with medicines some physical therapy is also required like exercise and heat application. Sometimes surgery is also required to give relief.
Herniated disc or lumbar bulging: It is also known as contained disc disorder. It is a serious condition as bulging of disc can press nearby nerves which results in more symptoms. It results not only the herniation of disc but disc material which is released, also contains an acid mainly hyaluronic acid which can caused nerve inflammation.
- Muscle weakness
- Hot pain in the buttock
- Feeling of pins and needles
- Pain in the ankle and foot
- Pain in the buttock, back of the thigh and calf
- Increased pain when lifting, straining or coughing
- Loss of power to muscles of the legs and foot
- Pain in back mainly lumbosacral region which radiates to leg It has specific pattern which may spread from back to below knee and may felt in foot and toes
- Pain in these regions get worse when patient coughs
- Difficulty in walking
- Sharp pain is seen in one part of the leg ro hip along with numbness in other parts
- Affected leg may feel weak and thin than other leg
- Mild tingling can be seen with dull pain with burning sensation
- Sensation may also be felt on the back of the calf or on the sole of the foot
- Pain get worse as patient led down
- Pain may result in lack of sleep
- Loss of weight may be seen
- Episode of back pain has lasted longer than 4 weeks
- Redness and swelling is seen on the back or in spine
Sciatica is usually felt in only one leg at a time. Sometimes, a sensation like an electric shock can be felt along the nerve.
The pain can range from a mild ache to incapacitating pain. Sciatica pain is often felt when you sneeze, cough, go to the toilet, or when you’re sitting, and may be accompanied by lower back pain.
Body height may be a risk factor for sciatica, although this appears to be significant only in males in the 50–64 yr age group. It is also related to age. It is seen rarely before the age of 20. Its incidence peaks after 50 years. an episode of sciatica increased by 1.4 for every additional 10 yr of Age, up to the age of 64. Although the majority of disc herniations occur at the L4/5 or L5/S1 level, with Advancing age, there appears to be a relatively increased incidence of herniation at the L3/4 or even L2/3 level.
Carpenters and machine operators were shown to be more likely to develop sciatica than sedentary office workers.
Retired or part-time farmers were less likely to develop sciatica than full-time ones. Retired or part-time farmers were less likely to develop sciatica than full-time ones.
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis:
Stenosis means nerve compression. It causes pain which is usually changes with position. It get worse by standing or by walking. It gets better by sitting down.
Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition which is associated with slipping of vertebra over another vertebra. It causes sciatic leg pain. It can be seen in childhood or may due to spinal degeneration due to trauma or by physical stress like by doing weightlifting.
Sciatica can be due to motor vehicle accidents, falling down or by football and other sports injury.
- It occur when piriformis muscle irritates sciatic nerve.
- This muscle is located in the lower part of the spine which connects to the thighbone. This muscle helps in piriformis muscle.
- Sciatica pain may be seen due to spinal tumors which can be benign or malignant.
It is also seen in obese individuals who can have other complaints like heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. Obesity itself can cause back pain.
- Nerve damage.
- Loss of feeling in the affected leg.
- Weakness in the affected leg.
- Loss of bowel or bladder function.
Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops Composition
Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops for degenerative disc disease contains:
Arnica Montana 6x
It is very good remedy when patient feel pain in the back and limbs. Patient feel as if bruised or beaten. It is very good remedy for sprained. It can cure dislocated feeling. Patient feel soreness after overexertion. Patient feels everything on which he lies very hard. It cures deathly coldness of the forearm. He cannot walk erect. It can cure rheumatism which begins low down and it ascends. It is very good remedy for gout.
Bryonia Cretica 6x
It acts against tearing pain in muscles that may be accompanied by inflammations. It is also used to treat disease in which defective metabolism of uric acid causes arthritis (gout), rheumatism of joints and limbs.
Colchicum Aurumnale 4x
It is given when patient has pain in back especially lumbar and lumbosacral region. It cures dull pain. Backache is better by rest and pressure. It is given when patient has sharp pain which radiates to left arm. Patient feel tearing pain in limbs during warm weather. It cures feeling of pins and needles in hands and wrists. Patient feel numbness in fingertips. It cures pain in the front of thigh. Patient feel worse in the evening and in warm weather. It cures lame feeling and tingling. It cures inflammation of the great toe, gout in the heel. Patient feel stiffness of joint. He cannot bear to have it touched or moved. It is given when patient has swelling of a tendon especially in wrist and low back pain syndrome. It is given for tenosynovities.
Solanum Dulcamara 4x
It is given when patient has paralysis with feeling icy cold feet. It is given when patient has stiffness of neck. Patient has pain in small of back. Patient feel worse after stooping for a long time. It is cures stiffness and lameness across the neck and shoulders. Patient get worse after getting cold and wet. It treats muscle and neuralgia (intense pain along the course of nerve) rheumatism. It also treats the feeling of stiffness and battered feeling pain.
It is given when patient has pain from the head to neck. It cures stiffness of neck and shoulders. It is very good remedy for cervical spondylosis. It is very good remedy for sciatica. Patient has stiffness which get worse after movement. Patient has pain in ankles which extends upto leg which causes lameness. It treats the displaced infections that show the gouty inflamed rheumatic process of all limbs and muscles that are accompanied by symptoms of burning in effected region along with feeling of lameness and sticking pains.
Gnaphalium Obrusifolium 4x
It is given when patient has chronic backache with pain in lumbar region. Pain is better by rest on the back. It cures pain in the calves of legs and feet when in bed. It is cures pains in the ankle joints and legs. It is given when patient has rheumatic pains in the ankle joints and legs. It is given for gouty pain in the big toes, this pain is better by big toes. It functions against Ischia (curved bone forming the base of each half of the pelvis) syndrome and pains in lower back.
Lachnanthes Tinctoria 4x
It is given when patient has chilliness between the shoulder blades with stiffness in the back. It is very good remedy for rheumatism of the neck. It is given for stiffness of the neck. It treats symptoms of sciatica or degenerative disc disease such as pains in rheumatic states, cramps in neck and stiffness.
Taraxacum Officinale 4x
It is given when patient has restlessness of limbs. It cures neuralagia of the knee which is better by pressure.
Rhus Toxicodendron 8x
It is given when patient has pain between the shoulders on swallowing. Patient has pain and stiffness in the lumbosacral region. This is better by motion or when lying on something hard. Patient feel worse while sitting.
Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops Benefits
Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops Important Therapeutic Uses
It is indicated in symptoms like:
- In soft tissue rheumatism
- Low back pain
- low back pain
- Pain in the legs and arms
- pain in the legs/arms
- treatment of soft tissue rheumatism
Adel 39 apo-Sciatica drops Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
Adults 15 to 20 drops of Adel 39 apo-Sciatica, Children 7 to 10 drops of Adel 39 apo-Sciatica, 3 times a day in 1/4 Cup of water.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
- During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
- This being a natural product, it may sometime precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.