Tense Aid Tablets from Bakson’s Homeopathy is an Anti Stress formula. It is a homeopathic formulation which helps in stress disorders. It helps to cope up with stress and helps in various manifestations of stress disorders.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Bakson
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Stress
- Presentation: 75 tablets & 200 tablets
- Price of Tense Aid: 75 tablets @ INR 165.00
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
It is a disorder in which patient has excessive and unrealistic worry about tasks of daily routine, or sometimes patient has worry about certain objects. It involves phobias in which patient has excessive anxiety about a specific object like snakes, height, water and so on.
In social phobias patient has fear of interacting with other people especially in large groups. In OCD patient has recurrent checking, avoiding or counting.
Anxiety is the most common now a day. It affects ability to concentrate and sleep. It prevents to do our day to day activity.
Sometimes patient experiences a range of symptoms which come under the spectrum of disorders. If anxiety interfere with normal activities in life and relationship it indicates anxiety disorders.
Some Common Anxiety Disorders
Generalised anxiety disorder is excessive, uncontrollable worry about very ordinary things like health, work or finance.
Social phobia or social anxiety disorder:
Social phobia which is often known as social anxiety disorder: In this type of disorder patient avoid society. He avoids performing in society as he has a fear of being embarrassed or rejected. People have fear that they are being watched and judged by others and of doing things that will embarrass them. They have fear for days or weeks before the situation. This fear interfere their work and keeps a check on their daily activities. This fear limit their talking to other people, eating, drinking or writing on blackboard in front of others. Patient may feel anxiety around almost anyone other than the family.
Other symptoms like:
- Profuse sweating
- Difficulty in talking to others
It is associated with regular panic attacks. These attacks are sudden intense episodes of irrational fear. This is associated with other symptoms like shortness of breath and dizziness.
- Sudden attacks of terror
- Pounding heart
- Patient may feel heat or cold
- Numbness of hands
- Nausea, chest pain or smothering sensation
It produces a sense of unreality. It has fear of impending doom or a fear of losing control.
They feel that they are going to die. They can predict when or where an attack will occur and between episodes patient feel fear of next attack. This attack usually peaks within 10 minutes, but some symptoms may last much longer.
It is also associated with panic disorder.
Specific phobias: It means irrational fear which is associated with particular situation, such as a fear of animals, insects, places or people.
- Around closed in spaces
- Highway driving
- Injuries which involve blood
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
It involves unwanted thoughts and impulses which causes repetitive, routine behaviour in order to cope with anxiety.
Post-traumatic stress disorder
This occur after any trauma or witnessing any traumatic life event. His feeling of fear does not fade after trauma. It involves upsetting memories, flashbacks, nightmares and difficulty in sleeping. It involves harm to loved ones or strangers. Traumatic events such mugging, rape, tortures, being kidnapped or held captive, child abuse, car accidents, trains wrecks, plane crashes bombings or natural disasters such as floods or earthquakes.
- Startle easily
- Emotionally numb
- Lose interest in things which they used to enjoy earlier
- They have trouble feeling affectionate
- Become more aggressive or become violent
- They avoid situations that remind them of the original incident.
They repeatedly relieve them self from trauma in their thoughts during the day and in nightmares when they sleep. This is known as flashbacks. Flashbacks consist of images, sounds, smells, or feelings, and may be triggered by ordinary circumstance, such as a door slamming or car backfiring on the street. During flashback they may lose touch with reality and believe that the traumatic incident is happening all over again.
Symptoms appear within three months of the incident but may occur years afterward. Some people recover within 6 months, while others have symptoms that last much longer.
Causes of Anxiety
- Some level of anxiety under certain circumstance is present in all individual. It is necessary part of life as helps us to grow up safely and judge risk in a protective way.
- But sometimes anxiety becomes a problem.
- Genetic: It is seen in family. Patient has family history of mental illness.
- Stressful situation: Like job issues, or changes, unstable accommodation, family or relationship breakdown and grief. Physical, sexual or verbal abuse, some life-threatening situation, during pregnancy and childhood.
- Health problems like asthma, diabetes, heart disease or hormonal disease like thyroid problem can cause excessive anxiety.
- Use of drugs like cannabis, amphetamines, alcohol and sedatives can cause anxiety symptoms. Sometimes withdrawal of drugs and alcohol can cause withdrawal related anxiety.
- Use of Caffeine and non: prescription of drugs.
- Two types of personalities: Perfectionist who do any work with perfection.
- People with low self-esteem or the need to be in control are more prone to anxiety.
Tense Aid Composition
Abrus precatorius 3x, Ignatia amara 3x, Belladonna 3x, Calendula officinalis 3x, Chelidonium majus 3x, Kali phosphoricum 3x, Viburnum opulus 3x, Zincum picricum 6x.
Tense Aid Important Therapeutic Uses
Excessive anxiety is related to tension headache. It causes heaviness of head. Patient feel pressure or tightness on the back and sides of head or across the forehead. This medicine can help in anxiety, stress and related conditions.
- Mental and physical weakness
- Weakness of memory
Tense Aid Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
- Adults: Take 2 tablets, 3 times a day.
- Children: Take 1 tablet, 3 times a day.
- Put the homeopathy medicine in your mouth under the tongue and allow them to dissolve for maximum benefit.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
- During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.