Bio-Combination 20 from SBL is Homeopathic medicine for skin diseases. It is indicated acne, chaps & cracks, whitlow, eczema, eruptions on the scalp, seborrhoea, psoriasis, herpes, complaints due to uterine disorders, postoperative adhesion and sycotic excrescences etc.
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL Pvt Ltd
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Skin diseases
- Presentation: 25 gm Tablet in bottle
- Price of Biocombination No 20: Rs. 85
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side–effects: No known side effects
Dry skin is seen in many individuals. It occurs when skin looses too much water and oil.
It is seen mostly in hands, feet, arms and lower leg.
- Peeling of skin.
- Scaling of skin.
- Skin feels rough.
- Tightness of skin which is generally noticed after bathing.
- Itching of skin.
- Cracks is seen the skin which sometimes bleed.
Causes of dry skin
- Dryness of skin is seen in cold and dry air seen in winter.
- Lack of moisture in body.
- It is also seen in hot, dry, air seen in people living near desert.
- Use of air conditioners can cause dryness of skin.
- Individual who take long, hot baths or showers frequently.
- Person who washes hands frequently.
- Excessive washing of hands with soaps and detergents can cause dry skin.
- Some skin conditions can cause excessive dryness of skin like eczema and psoriasis.
- Use of certain medicines can cause dryness of skin.
- Aging causes thinning of skin and there is less production of natural oil.
Herpetic whitlow is a very painful infection which can be seen in adults or children. This is caused by Herpes simplex virus. Viral infection causes painful wound on the fingers. This wound is seen mostly on the fleshy part of index finger or thum. It can also be developed on the toes.
Symptoms of this condition
- This condition causes small and very painful blisters on finger.
- The first symptom appear within 2 or 20 days after the person is exposed to herpes simplex virus. It causes burning or tingling sensation. After some days patient has pain in the area.
- If this area is infected then swelling will develop. This area will get redden as infection develops. Blisters will be appear which has pus.
- Patient may have one or group of blisters. Blisters are extremely painful to touch.
- When these blisters burst scab will be develop. Scab will heal after some days and infection will show no symptoms for some days.
- Swelling of lymph nodes near elbow area or armpits.
- Red marks which may surround or lead away from the whitlow.
- It is seen that whitlows usually reappear in the same are as that of primary infection.
Trigger factors of this condition
- Excessive stress.
- Imbalance of hormones.
- Excessive sun exposure.
- History of surgery.
- Any physical, mental or emotional trauma.
- Doctors mainly dentists are more prone to have infection if they do not take proper precaution while treating patient infected by Herpes simplex virus.
Cause It is caused by Herpes simplex virus which causes cold sores and genital herpes. It also causes herpetic whitlow.
Two type of herpes simplex is seen
- HSV 1 If individual is affected by this virus then symptoms are seen around the face, mouth, nose or lips.
- HSV 2 If individual is affected by this virus then symptoms occur area around the genitals.
- It is very contagious condition, as it spread from contact of one person to others. It is caused by direct contact with infected sores or blisters.
Herpes is sexually transmitted infection which is caused by herpes simplex virus.
This disease spread by direct skin contact and can be transmitted during vaginal, oral or anal sex.
Sites of infection
- Genitals Near groin or pubic area, near anus.
- Cold sores on the mouth due to oral sex.
- Patient will have flu like symptoms like headache, pain in the back and legs, with or without enlarged glands.
- Blisters which when burst lead to painful ulcers. It later on form scab and heal after one to two weeks.
- Cracks in the skin with or without itching.
- Redness is seen with rash.
- Pain and swelling in the genital area is seen with more pain while passing urine. Patient has difficulty in passing urine.
Eczema is condition which is seen for longer duration. It may be seen in various family members. It may apper in early childhood.
- Skin becomes red, scaly with excessive itching.
- Tiny blisters are formed with clear fluid. This causes excessive discharge of fluids from blisters.
- This disease is caused when body has body’s ability to repair damage to the skin barrier is affected. It is caused by mutation in the gene called flaggrin.
- This mutation causes dryness of skin. Skin becomes scaly. This further causes entrance of environmental allergens and causes activation the immune system which causes redness and itching of skin.
- Environmental irritants.
- Food allergy which causes redness and swelling around lips after eating the food.
- Dryness of skin.
- Redness and scaly areas on the front of the elbows and the back of knees.
- Discharge of watery fluid from affected area.
- Excessive itching.
Psoriasis is a skin disease which causes red and scaling in skin. It also causes pain and swelling.
It is disease which is caused when immune system starts acting on its own cells. This is known as autoimmune disease. It is mainly caused by genes. It is often seen that sometimes more than one member of the family is affected. But some environmental factors can also trigger this condition.
This condition can lead to other health conditions like
- Arthritis associated with psoriasis.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
Types of psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis This involves patches of skin which are red at the base and often covered by silvery scales.
- Guttate psoriasis It results in small drop shaped lesions seen on trunk, limbs and scalp. It is caused by streptococcal infection of throat.
- Pustular psoriasis This condition often results in pus filled blisters.
- Inverse psoriasis This often results in smooth, red patches in folds of skin near genitals, breasts or in armpit.
- This is often seen that rubbing and sweating makes this type of psoriasis worse.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis It causes redness and scaling of skin. It may result due to exposure of sun. It may also be caused by taking certain medicines like corticosteroids.
- Skin of the patient will be thick, red with silvery scales.
- Excessive itching will be seen.
- Soreness of skin.
- Eruptions will be seen on elbows, knees, legs, scalp, lower back, face, palms and soles of feet. Areas like fingernails, toenails, genitals may also involved. Besides these areas lesions may also be seen inside mouth.
Biocombination No 20 Composition
Calcarea fluorica – 6x, Calcarea sulphurica – 6x, Natrum muriaticum – 6x, Kalium sulphuricum – 3×7, Natrum sulphuricum – 3x in equal proportion.
Excipients q.s to 1 tablet of 100 mg.
Calcarea fluorica 6x
It is very good remedy when any eruption on body leads has tendency of pus formation. It can be used after surgery. It reduces the chances of adhesion formation after surgery. It can be given when patient has hard swelling on cheeks. This swelling leads to pain and sometimes associated toothache can be seen. It can be given when hard swelling in seen on scalp. It can cure ulcers on scalp. It quickly heals scar tissue formed after any operation. It can be given when patient has dryness of skin with cracks which are seen on palms of hands with hard skin. It is mainly indicated when swelling feels hard like a stone. It is generally indicated for relaxed muscle tissues in the body.
Calcarea sulphurica 6x
It is very good remedy for eczema, with yellow and thick discharge. It can be given in cases where there is pus filled eruptions on scalp. Acne can also be cured by this medicine when patient pus filled eruptions. It can also be given for cuts, wounds and bruises. It is very good remedy for dry eczema seen in children. It is indicated when disease occur as a result of some impurities in blood.
Natrum muriaticum 6x
It is very good remedy when patient has oily skin. Patient has so much oil on face that it feels very greasy. It is suited to a person who has earthy complexion. Greasy oily especially on hairy scalp. It is given when patient has excessive itching. It can cure warts on palms. It is given when patient has redness along with inflammation which is worse by eating salt.
Kalium sulphuricum 3x
It is given when patient has yellow discharge from body. It is very good medicine for psoriasis. It can be given for eczema with burning, itching and eruptions on body. It is very good remedy for seborrhoea and ringworm of scalp and beard with much scaling. It helps to carry oxygen to the blood.
Natrum sulphuricum 3x
in equal proportion. It is given when patient has itching while undressing. It can be given for sycotic excrescences with wart like red lumps all over the body. It helps to excrete excessive water from the system.
Excipients q.s to 1 tablet of 100 mg.
Biocombination No 20 Benefits
Biocombination No 20 Important Therapeutic Uses
- SBL Bio Combination 20 is useful in Skin Diseases.
- Cracks & chaps
- Dryness and cracks of skin
- Eruptive diseases
- Post-operative adhesion
- Postoperative scars
- Sycotic excrescences
- Whit low
Biocombination No 20 Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
- Adults 4 tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.
- Children 2 tablets, at a time, four times a day at intervals of three hours.
Put the homeopathy medicine in your mouth under the tongue and allow them to dissolve for maximum benefit.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.