Bryorheum Drops is homeopathic remedy given to get relief from muscular and articular rheumatism. It cures symptoms of rheumatism mainly redness, stiffness, swelling of joints, pain in muscle. It helps in curing pains and discomfort which increases in cold and damp weather.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Schwabe
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Rheumatism
- Presentation: Drops
- Price of Schwabe Bryorheum Drops: 20 ml glass bottle pack MRP: Rs.427
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Rheumatism word is derived from the Greek word “rheuma”. This word means a swelling. This condition may be of shorter duration or of longer duration. It is characterised by pain and swelling of the muscles, ligaments and tendons. Pain is also seen in joints.
This disease may affect men and women both in young and old. Sometimes this disease may extend to heart and its valves and may involve other vital organs. At this time, it is known as rheumatic valvular heart disease.
Genes environmental factors and hormones play important role for the development of this disease.
Rheumatoid arthritis often starts in middle age and is common in older people. But children and young adults can also get it.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), these conditions comprise over 150 diseases and syndromes, which are usually progressive and associated with pain. WHO broadly categorizes it as joint diseases, spinal disorders, conditions resulting from trauma and physical disability. Most common rheumatic conditions include rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, spinal disorders and limb trauma.
Two types of rheumatism may be seen:
- Muscular rheumatism: It affects muscles only. This condition is rather rare.
- Articular rheumatism: It affects joints.
It is autoimmune disease in which body’s immune system acts against body’s own cel attacks synovium which is a cell lining inside joint.
- Other name: Musculoskeletal disease.
- Some people use the word arthritis to refer to all rheumatic diseases. Arthritis, which literally means
- joint inflammation, is just part of the rheumatic diseases.
- Rheumatic disease affects all ages and both genders. Women are more affected than men.
- Excessive weight
- Genetic factors
- Certain occupations which lead to injury and overuse of joints
- Increasing age
- Pain in joints.
- Swelling of joint.
- Loss of function of joint.
- Patient feel tenderness in the affected joint. Patient will not allow joint ot be touched.
- Sometimes deformity of joint can be seen.
- Loss of range of motion or flexibility in a joint can be seen.
- Patient will feel extreme fatigue and lack of energy.
- Swollen joints on both sides of the body, such as in both your right and left wrist.
- Swollen joints often in the wrist and finger joints closest to the hand.
- Swelling of joints of neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, ankle and feet.
- Fever is seen in patients.
- Pain and stiffness lasting for more than 30 minutes in the morning or after a long rest.
Schwabe Bryorheum Drops Composition
Bryonia alba 2x 10%
It acts against tearing pain in muscles that may be accompanied by inflammations. It is also used to treat disease in which defective metabolism of uric acid causes arthritis (gout), rheumatism of joints and limbs.
Colocynthis 4x 10%-
It is given when patient has complaints due to change of weather when air is cold and sun is powerful. Patient is also sensitive to heat. It is very good remedy for pain along nerve which is relieved to pressure. It is very good remedy for cramps, twitching with shortening of muscles. It is vry good remedy for contraction of muscles when limbs are drawn togther. It is very good remedy for stiffness of joints with shortening of tendons. Pain goes down the right thigh. Pain is alse felt in left kness joint.
Dulcamara 1x 10%
It is given when patient has paralysis with feeling icy cold feet. It is given when patient has stiffness of neck. Patient has pain in small of back. Patient feel worse after stooping for a long time. It is cures stiffness and lameness across the neck and shoulders. Patient get worse after getting cold and wet. It treats muscle and neuralgia (intense pain along the course of nerve) rheumatism. It also treats the feeling of stiffness and battered feeling pain.
Gnaphalium polycephalum 1x 10%
It cures pain in the calves of legs and feet when in bed. It is cures pains in the ankle joints and legs. It is given when patient has rheumatic pains in the ankle joints and legs. It is given for gouty pain in the big toes, this pain is better by big toes. It functions against Ischia (curved bone forming the base of each half of the pelvis) syndrome and pains in lower back. It is given when patient has frequent pain in calves and feet. Patient has gouty pains in the big toes. This is better by drawing limbs up.
Phytolacca 1x 10%
It is given when patient has aching, soreness of joints and extreme weakness. It has powerful action on fibrous and bone structure of bone. It is very good remedy for chronic rheumatism. It is given when patient has rheumatic pains which is worse in morning. Pains fly up like electric shocks which is shooting and shifts rapidly. It can be given for pain in heels which is better by elevating feet. It is useful in shoulder pain with stiffness, shooting and shifting rheumatic pains, pain in legs, neuralgia of toes, aching lumbar pain.
Rhus toxicodendron 3x 10%
It is very good remedy for osteroarthritis when patient suffers from hot, painful swelling of joints. Patient feel has tearing pain in tendons and ligaments. It is given for rheumatic pains spread over a large surface at nape of neck. Patient feel better by moving. Patient feel stiffness of joints. Patient cannot tolerate cold air. Cold air makes skin painful. It is very good remedy for sciatica which is worse by cold and damp weather. Patient is worse at night. It cures tenderness around knee joint.
Excipients Q.S. Alcohol content v/v 42%.
Schwabe Bryorheum Drops Important Therapeutic Uses
Schwabe Bryorheum Drops is indicated for the relief of muscular/articular rheumatism and rheumatic disorders such as Redness, Stiffness, Swelling of the joints, Pain in muscles and joints, Pains and discomfort increases in cold and damp weather.
Schwabe Bryorheum Drops Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
Unless otherwise prescribed by the physician, 10 drops, to be taken 3 to 4 times per day, before meals. If complaints are not relieved, consult a specialist.
Note: The product contains alcohol. In the case of children, pregnant and lactating ladies and in certain serious liver and alcohol problems, consult a specialist.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Maintain half an hour gap between food/drinks/other medications and the prescribed homeopathic medicine.
- During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
- This being a natural product, it may sometime precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like menthol, mint, camphor, essential oils, lip balm, deep heat liniments, cough lozenges, chewing gum, aromatic toothpaste, chemical fumes, perfumes etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.