Bakson Mig Aid Tablets are Homeopathic medicine for Headache, Migraine. It provides instant relief in any type of headache associated with migraine, periodical headache of school children, premenstrual headaches, climacteric headaches. Headache due to eye strain or on exposure to heat of sun or light.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Bakson Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Migraine
- Presentation: 75 tablets and 200 Tablets 50 tabs. (5×10 tabs. Blister pack)
- Price of Bakson Mig Aid Tablets: 50 tabs @ Rs.150 and 200 tabs @ Rs. 320
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
- Caution: DO NOT SELF MEDICATE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN FOR PROPER DIAGNOSIS AND PRESCRIPTION.
The word “migraine” is derived from the Greek ἡμικρανία (hemikrania), “pain on one side of the head”, from ἡμι: (hemi: ), “half”, and κρανίον (kranion), “skull”.
Medical term: Cephalgia.
Headache is very common condition. It is defined as pain in the head or upper neck.
Headache may vary in severity. It may range from mild form which resolve quickly to headache which may be debilitating form. Headache may interfere from day to day activity and result in loss of work. It seriously affects working efficiency of a person.
Primary headache may occur due to diseases like:
Cluster headache: It refers to headache which is periodical in nature with extreme intensity. It is related to headache which occur with increase severity and after some time it disappear.
Headache may occur as a result of stress, depression or anxiety.
Migraine: Usually occur on one side. It has pulsating headache. This may last from 24: 72 hours. Headache associate with nausea and vomiting.
Tension headache: It occurs due to tightness in muscles of shoulders, neck, scalp and jaw.
It may also result in increased sensitivity to light and sound.
- After withdrawal of caffeine
- Brain tumors
Migraine is common condition which is related to nerves of head. It usually attacks young individual especially women.
- This condition can run in families. Headache is associated with aura.
- The incidence of migraine is peaks between 15 years and 24 years of age.
- The severity of attack vary from person to person.
- Migraine can affect productivity and quality of life of an individual.
Cause of Headache:
Stress in different age groups may lead to migraine. Children may have stress due to education, peer pressure and family tension.
- Adults may have stress due to work or family.
- It is seen that people who are depress for a long time may have complaint of headache.
- People who have irregular sleep suffers from headache.
- People who work in atmosphere where there is loud noise due to machines can have headache.
- Brain disease like brain haemorrhage, brain tumour, meningitis may produce headache.
Trigger factors of migraine:
- Bright light
- Caffeine withdrawal
- Change in atmospheric pressure
- Changes in the weather
- During menses
- Environmental factors (like too much or too little sleep and from stress)
- From alcohol beverages
- Hormonal factors
- Hormonal therapy
- Strong smell
Foods like chocolate, aged cheeses, processed meats, fermented foods, monosodium glutamate, citrus fruits and nuts.
Various Subtypes of Migraine
Migraine with aura:
- Typical aura with migraine headache
- Typical aura with non-migraine headache
- Typical aura without headache
- Familial hemiplegic migraine
- Sporadic hemiplegic migraine
- Basilar: type migraine
Symptoms that are seen in childhood:
- Cyclical vomiting
- Vertigo can also seen along with headache
- Headache associated with pain in abdomen
- Headache associated with pain in retina
Symptoms seen in adults:
- Throbbing pain in head.
- Pain may vary from moderate to severe in nature.
- Pain is associated with nausea.
Patient is sensitive to light, sound and often smell.
Patient feel pain to stimulus like light, touch or pressure. This condition is known as Allodynia.
Migraine without aura is more frequent. It produces long effect, more disabling. This type of migraine is for long duration. So it can be said that it is chronic in nature.
Warning Signs of Migraine
Red flags signs:
- Headache seen after head of neck injury.
- If headache is of recent origin.
- If headache changes its pattern.
- If patient has new symptoms like pain in leg.
- If patient has abrupt or split second onset.
- If headache is seen after cough.
- If headache is seen after exertion.
- If headache is seen after sexual activity.
- Headache is seen during pregnancy or after child birth.
- If headache is seen after 50 years.
- If headache is seen with symptoms like seizures, confusion associated with difficult attention, alertness and weakness.
- Headache seen with fever, weight loss and tenderness of scalp.
- Headache seen in cancer and HIV patient.
- Headache is seen after recent travel.
- If patient wakes up from sleep at night.
- If patient has headache with posture.
- Complications seen in migraine:
- Chronic migraine.
- Status migrainosus
- Persistent aura without infarction
- Migrainous infarction.
- Migraine: triggered seizure
Bakson Mig Aid Tablets Composition
Each tablet contains equal proportion of:
Cimicufuga rac. 4x- It is given when patient has wild feeling in the brain with shooting and throbbing pain in the head. Headache is seen after mental worry, overstudy or due to disease related to uterine disease. It is given when patient has waving sensation. He may have sensation of opening and shutting in the brain. His brain feels too large. It is given when patient has pain is pressing outward.
Gelsemium semp. 3x- It is given when patient has vertigo along with pain. Pain usually arise from back of head( occiput). Patient has heaviness of head with band like sensation around the head. Patient has occipital headache with dullness and heaviness of the eyelids and bruised sensation. Headache is better by compression of head and lying with the head high. Pain is also seen in side of head with muscular soreness of the neck. It is given when patient has headache with blindness which is better by profuse urination.
Iris vers. 2x- It is very good remedy for frontal headache. It is very good remedy for migraine with a feeling as scalp feel constricted. It is given when patient has headache usually on right side along ears. Patient has headache which worse from rest. Headache begins with a blur before the eyes and after relaxing from a mental strain.
Sanguinaria can 3x- It is given when patient has right sided headache. Patient has headache after exposure of sun. Pain begins in the back of head, spreads upwards and settles over the eyes especially to right. It is given when patient has distension of veins of skull. Pain is better lying down and sleep. It cures headache which returns every seventh day. Along with pain patient has burning in eyes. Patient has pain in back of head” like a flash of lightening”.
Spigelia mar.4x- It is given when patient has pain in forehead and near ears which extend to eyes. It is seen on one side of head usually involving the left eye. Pain is violent and throbbing. Pain is worse by making a false step. It is given when patient has pain as if a band around the head.
Natrum mur. 3x- It is given when patient has blinding headache with a sensation as if a thousand little hammers were knocking on the brain in the morning on awakening. Headache is also seen after menses, from sunrise to sunset. Patient has feels too large. It can also be given when patient has headache in anemic school girls. It is suited to a person pale face, nausea and tingling in the lips, tongue and nose. Headache is relieved by sleep.
Ferrum phos. 3x-It is given when patient has soreness to touch, cold and noise. Patient has rush of blood to the head. It is given when patient has ill effects of sun. Patient has throbbing sensation. Headache is better by cold application.
Kali phos 3x- It is given when patient has pain in back of head. Headache is better after rising from bed. It is given when patient has pain in head with vertigo which is seen from lying or standing up from sitting and when looking upward. It cures headache in students and those people who are badly affected by fatigue. Headache is relieved by gentle motion. Patient has headache with empty all gone feeling in the stomach.
Bakson Mig Aid Tablets Benefits
- It gives relief from pain in head that may have originated due to any cause.
- It is very good remedy when headache occur due to eye strain.
- It is very good remedy when headache is seen before menses.
- It does not produce any side effects.
Bakson Mig Aid Tablets Important Therapeutic Uses
Bakson Mig Aid can be given in case of following:
- For migraine.
- Periodical headache of school children.
- Headache seen in females before menses.
- Headache seen after menopause.
- It cures headache occurring due to eye strain or due to exposure to heat of sun or exposure to light.
Bakson Mig Aid Tablets Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
- Adults: 1 tablet, four times a day.
- Children: 1 tablet, twice a day.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turn yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.