R74 is Homeopathic remedy from the pharmaceutical company Dr. Reckeweg & Co. GmbH, Bensheim, Germany and marketed by Dr.Roshanlal Aggarwal & Sons Pvt. Ltd. in India.
R 74 is homeopathic drops which is useful for treatment of bladder weakness, bed wetting in children and in adults.
This remedy can be taken by any individual as it has no side effect.
It is very good remedy for nocturnal enuresis. Enuresis means repeated voiding of urine into the bed or clothes at least twice per week for at least three consecutive months in a child who is 5 years old or more than that.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Reckeweg India
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Bladder weakness, nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting) in children & adults
- Presentation: Drops
- Size: 22ml
- Price: Rs.220
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Bladder control problem-
Our urinary system depends on muscle and nerves to hold urine in release it at right time. A very simple mechanism takes place in body. Nerves carry messages from the bladder to the brain to let it know when the bladder is full. They also carry messages from the brain to the bladder which helps muscles either to tighten or release. Any problem in this mechanism leads to difficulty in urination and incontinence of urine.
Any damage to nerve fibres lead to-
Overactive bladder– Any damage in nerve will send signals to the bladder at the wrong time. So muscle s will squeeze without warning.
This situation will have symptoms like–
Urinary frequency– It is a condition when patient has urination 8 or more times a day or two or more times at night.
Urinary urgency– It is very difficult for patient to hold urine. There is sudden, stron need to urinate immediately.
Urge incontinence- Patient has sudden, strong urge to urinate. Patient has leakage of urine.
Poor control of sphincter muscles– Main function of sphincter muscles which surrounds urethra and keep it closed to hold urine in the bladder. If nerves of this area are damaged, muscles of this area become loose and either causes leakage or stay tight when trying to pass urine.
Urine retention– It occurs when there is nerve damage, so bladder muscles do not get the message that it is time to release urine or are too weak to completely empty the bladder. Main complication of this condition is that bladder becomes too full, so urine may back up and the increasing pressure may damage the kidneys. Also if urine stays too long it may lead to an infection in kidneys or bladder.
Conditions which causes nerve damage–
- Vaginal childbirth
- Infections of the brain or spinal cord
- Accidents that injure the brain or spinal cord
- Multiple sclerosis
- Heavy metal poisoning.
Cause of urinary incontinence in adult–
- Urinary tract infection.
- Vaginal infection.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Enlarged prostate in men.
- Arthritis which causes difficulty to get to the bathroom in time.
- Prolapse of bladder, rectum or uterus. Any shift of vagina from normal place.
- An enlarged prostate gland, which can lead to Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), a condition where the prostate grows as men age.
Types of incontinence–
Stress incontinence- It occurs when pressure is put on the bladder during exercise, coughing, sneezing, laughing or lifting heavy objects. It causes leakage of urine.
This condition is seen in young and middle age women. This condition may begin around the time of menopause.
It is seen–
- After prostate surgery
- After neurologic injury to the brain or spinal cord
- After trauma, such as injury to the urinary tract
- During older age
Urge incontinence– Patient has sudden need to urinate and cannot hold their urine to go to toilet. It is seen in conditions like diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or stroke.
Overflow incontinence- It occurs when small amount of urine leak from bladder that is always full. This is seen in enlarge prostate where there is difficulty in passing urine and emptying bladder. Diabetes and spinal cord injuries can also cause this type of incontinence.
Functional incontinence– It is seen in older individuals who have normal bladder control. It is seen in patients of arthritis or other joint related disorder where he has difficulty in walking.
- It is seen as a side effect of certain medicines, drugs or in temporary conditions like-
- In urinary tract infection which cause irritation in bladder and cause strong urge to urinate.
- Use of caffeine or alcohol which causes rapid filling of bladder.
- Certain blood pressure medicines can also cause increased urine production.
- Any kind of mental illness.
R74 drops Composition
Dr.Reckeweg R 74 drops for nocturnal enuresis in adults and children contains:
Calcium Phos. D30- It is given to children who have difficult dentition and bone disease. It cures non-union of fractured bones and anaemia. It is given to anaemic children who are very peevish and flabby. They have cold extremities and difficult digestion. It is given who are very forgetful and has bad effects after grief and anger. It is given when patient has increased urination, with sensation of weakness. It cures pain in the region of kidneys when lifting or blowing the nose.
Causticum Hah. D30- It is given for conditions like rheumatism, arthritis and other paralytic conditions. It is given when patient has tearing, drawing pains the muscular and fibrous tissues. It is given to children who are slow to walk. Skin of the patient is dirty, white in colour with warts especially on face. Patient is weak due to disease. Burning and soreness is main symptom which is present in all condition. Child does not want to go to bed alone. It is given to patient who is sad, hopeless. He is intensely sympathetic. It is given when patient has involuntary urination during coughing and sneezing. Urine is expelled very slowly and sometimes retained. Patient has involuntary urination during first sleep at night and from slightest excitement. It cures patient who have retention of urine after surgery. He has loss of sensibility on passing urine.
Ferrum Phos. D8- It is best suited to a person who is robust and nervous in nature. Patient is sensitive, anaemic with false redness of face. It is given when patient has urine spurts with every cough. It is very good remedy for urinary incontinence. It also cures involuntary passage of urination in day time (diurnal enuresis). It controls frequent urination.
Kalium Phosphoricum D12- It is given to patient who are nervous and has anxiety. They have extreme lassitude and depression. It is given when patient is irritable. They have brain fag. It cures loss of memory. Slightest labour seems like heavy task. It is very good remedy for incontinence of urine. It also cures bleeding from urethra.
Pulsatilla D12- It is given to patient who weeps easily. Patient is timid, fears in the evening of being alone and ghosts. It is remedy for female patient. Her symptoms keeps on changing. Patient feel better in open air. It can be given to children who fuss. Patient is highly emotional. It cures patient who have increased desire to pass urine which is worse on lying down. Patient has involuntary urination at night, while coughing or passing flatus. It cures patient who have pain in bladder after urination.
Sepia D6- It is given to patient who does not want to do any work. He is very irritable and easily offened. Patient is very sad and wants to be alone. He weeps when telling symptoms. It is given when patient has red urine. It cures enuresis during sleep. It cures chronic cystitis with slow urination. Along with this patient has bearing down sensation.
R74 drops Benefits
- It helps in improvement in motor nerves which control bladder functions.
- It consists of blend of several homeopathic herbs.
- It is available in drops.
R74 drops Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
Small children- 8 to 10 drops of Dr.Reckeweg R 74 in some water 3 times daily. Reduce dosage after 2 to 3 weeks to twice daily . the same regimen applies to older children, however increase the dosage to 10 to 15 drops.
Adults should be given 10 to 15 drops of Dr.Reckeweg R 74 3 times a day over a longer period of time.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- In case white globules have turn yellow, or sediments appear in the liquid form of medicine, do not take.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.
The indicated quantity of drops of Dr.Reckeweg R 74 should be taken before meals with some water unless otherwise prescribed by doctor.
It should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Medicine should not be taken in pregnancy and in breast feeding.
Keep medicines out of reach from children.
Homeopathic medications should be kept out of direct light and stored at a constant temperature, not over 30 degree Centigrade (86 degree F).
This being a natural product, it may sometime precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using.
Once you break open the seal, medications should be used up quickly.