Enuroplant Drops from Schwabe is a German homeopathic medicine which is very useful in cystitis. It relieves the symptoms of urinary infection and pain related to it. It is proven German Homeopathic formula which acts on urinary system. It can be given for bed wetting in children. It can cure inflammation of the urinary bladder.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Willmar Schwabe India
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Cystis (urine infection in bladder) and related pain, frequent urination, bed wetting (Enuresis nocturna) and complaints caused by irritations and inflammations of the urinary bladder.Size: 20ml
- MRP: Rs. 431
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection or UTI is most common infections seen in patients.
Other name of bladder infection: Cystitis
Natural mechanism of body to prevent infection: If bacteria enters urinary tract, then it is flushed out when patient urinate. It helps to prevent infection. If this mechanism fails it lead to infection.
Causes of urinary tract infection
This type of infection occurs when any kind of bacteria enter and infect the urinary tract. Many areas of urinary tract may be affected by this infection. But bladder infection is most common. This type of infection is also known as cystitis.
- If infection occurs in urethra only it leads to urethritis.
- Ureters can also become infected in urinary tract infection. These are tubes that take urine from each kidney to the bladder. This area is rarely infected.
- If this infection is not treated at right time, it may lead to kidney infections which is known as pyelonephritis.
- It is a serious condition.
People who are at higher risk
Women and girls are at higher risk as their urethra is shorter and close to anus. This results in easy access for bacteria to enter the urinary tract. Research suggests that at least 40 to 60 percent of women develop a UTI during their lifetime, and most of these infections are bladder infections. One in 4 women is likely to have a repeat infection. In women, the opening to the urethra is closer to rectum, it causes bladder infection.
Other factors include
Bacterial infection without any known symptom can be seen
Certain type birth control method may also result in urinary tract infection. This include methods like use of diaphragms or use of spermicide Changes in vaginal acidity during menopause
- Diabetes patient
- Diseases like Alzheimer or delirium in old patients
- If patient has abnormal vesicoureteral reflux
- If patient has involuntary urination
- If patient has previous history of urinary tract infection
- If person has new sexual partner
- It can also seen in children who not urinate enough or if wipe from back to front after a toilet
- It can also seen in younger children as they can have some structural problem which can be present since birth It can lead to frequent urinary tract infection
- It is often seen after surgery or after prolonged bed rest
- It is seen after urinary catheter placement
- It is seen in prostate enlargement
- Kidney stone patients
- Older adults are at higher risk of having urinary tract infection
- Patients of spinal cord injury or nerve damage around bladder can cause difficult in emptying bladder. This may lead to urinary tract infection
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Cloudy or bloody urine is seen
- Low fever can be seen in patients
- Pain or burning while urination
- Pain or feeling of pressure in lower abdomen
- Patient can have frequent urination
- Patient will have urgency to pass urine
Warning signs for kidney infections include:
- Abnormal mental symptoms
- High fever up to 101 degree Fahrenheit or above
- Pain in lower back
- Sweat seen in night
Symptoms seen in younger children:
- Change in appetite is seen
- Fever is seen in children without any cause
- There will be change in smell or colour of urine
Blood infection which in medical term is known as sepsis. Risk is most commonly seen in either young or very old adults
High blood pressure during pregnancy which is called preeclampsia
If Urinary tract infection is not treated during pregnancy it may lead to conditions like:
- Kidney damage
- Kidney infection
- Low birth weight
- Premature birth (Birth of baby before 39 to 40 weeks)
Tips to prevent urinary tract infection:
- Urinate before and after sexual activity.
- Urinate regularly.
- It is recommended to minimize the use of sprays or powder in the genital area.
- In girls after toilet, wipe the area from front to back.
- Wear underwear made of cotton rather than synthetic material like nylon.
- Not to wear tight jeans and trousers.
- Don’t go without urinating for longer than 3:4 hours. It is said that longer the urine stays in the bladder, the more time bacteria have to grow.
- Try to drink 6:8 glasses of water per day.
- Clean the anus and the outer lips of genitals each day.
Warning signs for patient:
- If child has symptoms of cystitis.
- If patient has blood in urine.
- If patient has frequent cystitis.
- If pregnant lady has symptoms of cystitis.
- If symptoms are not improved within a few days.
Enuroplant Drops Composition
Plantago Major Q 20.0
It is very good remedy when patient has difficulty in urination. It is suited to a person who is very depress and depression lead to lack of sleep. It is given when patient has profuse urination. It is very good remedy when patient has profuse urination at night.
Equisetum Arv Q 20.0
It mainly acts on urinary bladder. It is very useful remedy for difficulty in urination. It is very good remedy for severe dull pain with a feeling in the bladder. This feeling is not relieved by urination. It cures frequent urge with severe pain when patient stops urination. It can be given when urine flows only drop by drop. It is associated with sharp burning pain in the urethra when patient starts urination. It can also be given when child has frequent passing of urine with dreams when passing urine. It cure frequent passage of urine in old women with involuntary stools. It is given when difficulty in urination and retention is seen during pregnancy and after delivery. It cures pain in right kidney extending to lower abdomen with urgent desire to pass urine.
Belladonna 3x 10.0
It is very good remedy when patient has collection of urine in bladder which results in urinary tract infections. It can be given when patient has scanty urine with frequent urination, dark urine, sometimes turbid. It is given for cystitis. It cures frequent urge to pass urine with continuous dripping. It can be given for blood in urine. It is very useful for prostatic enlargement.
Pulsatilla 3x 10.0
It is given when patient has increased desire to pass urine and this situation get worse when lying down. It can be given when patient has burning during and after passing urine. It can cure involuntary urination at night, when coughing or passing flatus. It can cure spasmodic pain in the bladder after passing urine.
Excipients Qs To 100.0
Alcohol 52.0% V/V
Enuroplant Drops Important Therapeutic Uses
Enuroplant Drops are used for the treatment of bed-wetting (Enuresis nocturna) and complaints caused by irritations and inflammations of the urinary bladder.
Itgives relief in symptoms of cystis related pain and frequent urination.
Enuroplant Drops Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 10 to 20 drops (Adult) and 5 to 10 drops (Children and infants) of Schwabe Enuroplant Drops three times a day.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
This being a natural product, it may sometime precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.