SBL Utrofyne is Homeopathic medicine that brings back the normalcy in the menstrual flow. SBL Utrofyne Syrup is useful in Irregular, Profuse menstruation (Menorrhagia, Metrorrhagia), Painful Menstruation & Leucorrhoeal discharge, Pain in Back, Tired Feeling and other menstrual problems.
SBL Utrofyne Syrup contains Janosia Ashoka, Cinchona Off, Abroma Aug, Caulophyllum, Viburnum Op.Pulsatilla, Mag Phos.
- Brand/Manufacturer: SBL
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Period related problems
- Presentation: 1 Bottle of 115 ml
- Price of SBL Utrofyne: ₹90
- Contraindications: No known contraindication
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Normal menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days. However, in 14% to 25% of women have irregular menstrual cycles. They have either shorter or longer than normal, heavier or lighter than normal. Menses sometimes associated with other complaints like cramps.
Irregular cycles can be ovulatory meaning that ovulation occurs or anovulatory, meaning ovulation does not occur.
Medical conditions in which menses stops:
- After menopause.
- Any serious medical condition.
It is most common problem seen with periods. More than half of women who have periods get some pain around their period. It may range from feeling of heaviness in the abdomen or tugging in the pelvic area. Some women feel severe cramps.
Types of dysmenorrhoea:
It is caused by contractions of the uterus. It occurs when uterus contracts during period to help the uterine lining leave the body. It is usually seen in teenagers when they get their first period. This type pain gets less painful as they get older.
Risk factors of dysmenorrhoea:
- If periods occur before the age of 11.
- If periods are of longer duration or there is heavy flow.
- Risk is seen in women who does smoking.
Secondary dysmenorrhoea: It occur as a result of health problem. The main difference primary and secondary dysmenorrhoea is that pain in primary dysmenorrhoea is get better as person gets older. But in secondary dysmenorrhoea pain gets worse as she gets older.
It also lasts longer than normal menstrual cramps.
Conditions Which Is Associated with Secondary Dysmenorrhoea
- Endometriosis: It is a disease condition when the lining of the uterus grows outside of the uterus where it does not belong. In response to hormone estrogen this lining breaks down and bleeds outside of the uterus. This results in swelling and pain.
- Uterine fibroids: These are tumours that grow inside or on the wall of the uterus. They are not cancerous in nature. It is associated with pelvic pain and vaginal bleeding at times when they do not have their period.
- Ovarian cyst: It don’t cause any symptoms but can cause pain during period or at time of ovulation.
- Irregular periods occur in teenage girls and around menopause.
- Eating disorders: It is seen in anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder.
- Thyroid problems as in hyperthyroidism. In this condition more thyroid hormone is secreted. It cause fewer and lighter menstrual periods than normal.
- High amounts of prolactin in the blood: This condition is known as hyperprolactinemia. This hormone helps to control the menstrual cycle.
- Medicines for epilepsy or anxiety.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): It has symptoms like hormonal imbalance and irregular periods. About 1 in 10 women have irregular menstrual cycles has PCOS.
- Primary ovarian insufficiency: It occurs when ovaries stop working normally before age 400. It can also occur in teenage years. It cannot be called premature menopause. It is different from premature menopause as women with primary ovarian insufficiency can still have periods which is often irregular. These women can also get pregnant.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This condition is associated with irregular periods. It is mainly caused as sexually transmitted infection.
- Stress of longer duration can lead to irregular periods.
- Uncontrolled diabetes which can be type 1 or type 2 can cause irregular periods. If diabetes is kept under control period can become regular.
- Obesity: Fat present in body makes estrogen hormone is excess. This extra hormone make changes in normal menstrual cycle which lead to irregular, missed or heavy periods.
It occurs in certain conditions like:
Problems with ovulation: In normal menstrual cycle, uterine lining is build up which thickens to prepare for pregnancy. If pregnancy does not happen this lining leaves body during period. If there is imbalance of hormones then this uterine lining build up too much and bleed easily.
- If patient has problem of uterine lining bleeding will be too much.
- Thyroid problems like hypothyroidism lead to heavy bleeding. This may also be under active thyroid.
- Uterine fibroids can lead to heavy bleeding with severe pain.
- Uterine polyps occur when there is overgrowth of the endometrial tissue which lines inside of the uterine wall.
- Medicines like blood thinners can lead to heavy bleeding or long periods.
- If patient has unusual or irregular heavy bleeding this can lead to miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
- In bleeding disorders like haemophilia and von Willebrand’s disease cause heavy bleeding during periods.
- Obesity can lead to heavy bleeding during periods.
It occur at different time than typical menses.
It can occur in conditions like:
- When there is hormonal changes like in puberty and around menopause. Patient has bleeding of longer duration and there is heavy bleeding. Patient can have irregular cycles.
- Endometriosis can also cause unusual bleeding.
- Ovarian cyst.
- Cancer mainly of uterine, cervical and ovarian can lead to unusual bleeding.
Missed periods which is also known as amenorrhoea.
- It occurs when patient had no period for 3 months in a row or when patient had no first period by age 15.
- It happens in 3% to 4% of women.
Various Causes of Amenorrhea
- Pregnancy: As ovaries no longer release eggs period stops in pregnancy. Sometimes spotting occur but it cause no problem in pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding: In some periods do not return until they breastfeeds. In some periods return within a few months of giving birth.
- Eating disorder especially anorexia nervosa can lead to extreme weight loss and can cause irregular menses or stoppage of menses.
- Gaining or losing too much weight can caused missed periods.
- Stress of longer duration can cause period to stop.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome can lead to amenorrhoea.
Some women have migraine during periods. It can be due to stress, anxiety and bright flash light and hormones which control menses may affect headache.
SBL Utrofyne Composition
Janosia asoka- tincture
It is very good remedy for conditions like amenorrhoea and metrorrhagia. It has specific action on female organs. It is suited to person who is good natured and affectionate. She is very sad and timid in nature. She doesn’t want to do any work. It can also given to hysterical women, with disturbed sleep. It is very good remedy for migraine. This headache is associated with menstruation with sensation of congestion in head. This is better in open air and by free flow. It is very good remedy for delayed and irregular menses with severe pain seen before flow. It also white discharge from uterus.
Cinchona officinalis- tincture
It is given when patient feel weak because of loss of vital fluids. It is suited to a patient who is indifferent and disobedient. Ideas crowd in mind which prevents sleep. She likes to hurt other people. It is given when patient has menses too early, with dark clots and abdominal distension. It cures dysmenorrhoea and bloody leucorrhoea. Leucorrhoea takes the place of the usual menstrual discharge.
It is given to a person who is irritable and has excitable angry mood with ill humour. She forgetfulness and absent minded. She also complaints of depression with morose and anxious mood. She cannot bear contradiction. It is given when menstrual blood is dark, clotted and profuse or scanty and pale. It can also be taken in amenorrhoea and dysmenorrhoea and leucorrhoea. Leucorrhoea is profuse, white and thin, watery with colicky pain in the lower abdomen, 2-3 days before menses. It cures hysteria with menstrual disorders.
It is also called as woman’s remedy. It can also be given during labour when pains are deficient and patient is exhausted. It cures extraordinary rigidity of the os. It revives labour pains and further progress of labour. It cures white discharge with moth spots on the forehead. It protects from habitual abortion from uterine weakness. It is given dysmenorrhoea with pains flying to other parts of the body.
It is a good remedy for cramps. It is given for colicky pain in pelvic organs. It is mostly given for female symptoms. It often prevents miscarriage. It also cures false labour pains. It is given when menses is too late and scanty. Menses occur for a few hours. It is often offensive in odour and present with crampy pains. It extend down the thighs. It cures condition when ovarian region feel heavy and congested. It can also be given for leucorrhoea which is acidic in nature with burning and itching of genitals.
It is very good remedy for amenorrhoea. Patient has suppression of menses from wet feet. It cures nervous weakness in individuals. It is given when patient has too late, scanty, thick, dark menses with clots. It is changeable in nature. It is given for white discharge which acrid, burning and creamy in nature. It is given when patient has pain in back with tired feeling. It also cures diarrhoea during or after menses.
It is very good remedy for pain in abdomen with menses. It cures membranous dysmenorrhoea. It is given when patient has menses too early, dark and stringy. It can be taken for swelling of external parts.
SBL Utrofyne Important Therapeutic Uses
It is indicated for menstrual problems. It has unique combination of homeopathic medicines which helps in to regularize menstrual cycles. It also improves symptoms which are associated with periods.
It includes symptoms like menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, backache and tired feeling.
- Amenorrhoea: It means absent menstrual periods. When a woman does not get her period by 16 or if menses stops for at least 3 months.
- Oligomenrrhoea: It means infrequent menstrual periods. Periods that occur more than 35 days apart.
- Menorrhagia: It means heavy menstrual periods. Sometimes anovualtory bleeding and menorrhagia are grouped together.
- Prolong menstrual bleeding: It means bleeding which exceeds 8 days in duration on regular basis.
- Dysmenorrhoea: It means painful periods that include several menstrual cramps.
- Polymenorrhoea: It means frequent menstrual periods occurring less than 21 parts apart.
- Irregular menstrual periods with a cycle: to cycle variation of more than 20 days.
- Shortened menstrual bleeding of less than 2 days in duration.
- Inter menstrual bleeding: It means episodes of bleeding that occurs between periods. It is also known as spotting.
Regular periods are a sign that body is working normally.
SBL Utrofyne Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 teaspoon of SBL Utrofyne Syrup 3 times a day
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Suggestions
- It has no known side-effect.
- It has no known drug interaction.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients
- Homeopathic medicines should be taken after cleaning the mouth and preferably in empty stomach.
- Please do not eat strong smelling food items such as onion, garlic etc. within half an hour before and after taking the medicine.
- Do not take tobacco in any form.
- Generally, medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
During homoeopathic treatment, no other medicines should be taken, unless suggested by a qualified homoeopathic doctor.
This being a natural product, it may sometime precipitate slightly or become cloudy, but this does not affect the quality and effectiveness of the product. If this happens, shake the product well before using.
Keep the medicines:
- Away from strong smelling substances like camphor, menthol etc.
- In a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.